Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Self-Interview

Mu-Ming Tsai Self-Interview from Mu-Ming Tsai on Vimeo.

This was a video a did earlier for a production design class. The teacher was Michael Helmy was the production designer for the original Miami Vice and the hit series ER.

Acting has been something I've always been interested in, but not something I'd put efforts into pursuing. I guess some of us are simply more comfortable behind the camera? I wrote myself a little monologue about how I became a director, lit and shot it myself. The lighting setup was simply a DIY softbox made with cardboard boxes and a clamp light for the key, while bouncing the same light off a white foam core. A similar setup was used for the Cinepod commercial interviewing Iris as the camerahead, both which produced pretty satisfying results. The setup costs less than $20, and would work as a good setup for any interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment