Friday, August 20, 2010

Mu-Ming Tsai



For the past several years I have been studying in film school and applying my knowledge to practical filmmaking. I have done everything from studying film theory to carrying electric cables on set, challenging myself to understand every possible position in filmmaking.

I have been very lucky to be the winner of multiple awards, including Championship of the Golden Melody awards in Taiwan, two time special recognition in the Taipei International film festival for "Taipei, Taipei," "If in Taipei, a Traveler" and most recently directed the Cannes Young Lion film competition winner "Wateraid for Dennis."

I see myself as part of a new breed of digital filmmakers. I started my studies in film school soon enough to experience 16mm and 35mm film, but since 2010 I've been shooting extensively on DSLRs, and have exploited the format in all phases of production. For me this has been a great opportunity, because my philosophy in filmmaking has always been to produce the best content with the lowest possible cost.

Although filmmaking is widely democratized nowadays, I believe that at the end of the day it's the raw talent and attitude that counts. As I keep challenging myself and absorbing knowledge, I highly value professionalism. Always being punctual, always in communication and always bringing the best and devoting myself to my clients, crew and work.

I have posted most of my work on this website, and I'm constantly looking to work with different people and expanding my network. I look forward to working for you, and establishing a great working relationship.


Mu-Ming Tsai

muming15@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment