Saturday, August 28, 2010

Makeup Artist Showreel for Civa Chen

Civa Chen - Makeup Artist from Mu-Ming Tsai on Vimeo.

My long time friend Civa who I've known for 15 years is currently a freelance makeup artist. Alvina, the still photographer in this shoot came up with the idea to do a promo reel for her. This was the first time I shot a short documentary promo; the idea was to incorporate still photography, make up and modeling in the shoot. Usually I do narrative shoots with designed lights, this time I wanted to challenge myself to run-and-gun shooting with minimal preplanning. Plus, I have zero knowledge in makeup and the process, so I had to capture moments that I thought were interesting as an audience, and edit it with voiceover so that it's concise and to the point. The results were satisfactory and Civa loved the final product. Another happy client!

No comments:

Post a Comment